Irish History: People, places and events that built Ireland (Collins Little Books)Regular price $12.95
From mesolithic Ireland to the peace process, this little book covers all of the main historical and cultural events, places and figures in Irish history. A must for all lovers of Ireland and the Irish.
An excellent, concise guide to how Ireland has come to be what it is today.
Some key events, people, topics and places include:
• Monastic Ireland, Vikings and Normans
• The Irish language, the Book of Kells
• Patrick, Colm Cille, Brian Boru, Granuaile (Grace O’Malley)
• Colonial Ireland, Emigration
• Rebellion, Famine and Partition
• The Troubles, Good Friday Agreement and Brexit
A helpful index is found at the back of the book.
Beautifully produced, Collins Little Book of Irish History is a treasure in itself and makes a perfect gift for any Ireland enthusiast.